Forest Glen Running Club
WHAT: 8-week running program inspired by the structure of the national "Girls on the Run" program.
- Two separate "clubs" - one for girls and one for boys (new this year)
- Promotes the benefits of physical activity through teamwork and goal setting. Our emphasis will be on accomplishing personal goals and supporting each other, not being the first to cross the finish line.
WHO: 3rd - 5th graders
- April 5th/6th - May 24th/25th (may include 1-2 optional weekend meeting times at a nearby track or running path)
- Boys: Wednesday mornings, 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Girls: Thursday mornings, 7:30 a.m. -8:15 a.m.
- Running season will be completed with an invitation for the girls to participate in the local Hepzibah 5K run/walk - details on the race will come once they are released.
WHERE: Meet in the school gym, some mornings we will be running outside when weather permits
HOW: As of 3/12, both clubs are at full capacity.
- $20, includes participation and t-shirt (a race entry fee would be covered by participant in addition to this fee).