WHO: 1st-3rd graders
- A lunchtime book club sponsored by the PTA.
- Students are provided with a a pre-selected book (1st grade-picture books, 2nd grade-combo of picture books/chapter books, 3rd grade-chapter books) to read on their own each week.
- Each meeting, volunteers lead a discussion, crafts and activities related to the book.
- Participants still bring their lunch (or get hot lunch).
WHEN: 1/x week from February 6th -March 17th
HOW: Registration has closed for 2017 session.
- Because this program has been so popular in the past, we will be holding a lottery if we exceed our maximum headcount per grade. Parents will be notified after January 15th if there is to be a lottery and if your child was selected. Fees will be refunded if your child is not picked in the lottery.
- As always, this program is run entirely by volunteers and will not happen without parents' help and support. At this point, we are still looking for at least one volunteer for every grade. Please consider volunteering for this great program. It requires only one hour of your time, once a week, for six weeks. Children of parent volunteers are guaranteed a spot in Brain Fuel.
- For more information on the program and volunteer opportunities , please contact Tiffani Frank at email@example.com or (773)220-3702.